Thursday, June 26, 2008

Things I've Made (Cont'd)

This summer my friend Emily and I have taken on several furniture projects, and this little dresser is one of them. I wish I would've taken a picture before we renovated it, but I just didn't. Anyway, this is a dresser from Ikea that I've had for years and it needed a little TLC. Emily and I sanded and painted it, and then most importantly, knobbed it! We took off the old knobs and replaced them with mismatching new ones that coordinated with my room. I hope you can see them from the picture, they're really cute.

4 comments:

travis and hayley said...

oh...i LOVE your little cake plate. it looks so cute!

Emily Nicole said...

Creating with you is one of my favorite hobbies...maybe it will even pay the bills one day. I'll post our projects from my house soon!

Roxanna Grimes said...

The works of your hands are amazing. I have such sweet memories of watching your hands work, create, and play since you were small. you helped many a little girl get her "dress up " clothes to work on them when you were playing dress up. You used ribbons, rubber bands, hair clips, etc to tie up, hook up, lay down,pooch out, or pooch in --whatever was needed for that particular dress up event. Your hands have been a blessing to the world for a long time. Wow, did that sound imperious? i love you..but I'm blessed every day by the works of your hands.

sherry said...

Wow! When I was a kid, I was always finding things around the house and repurposing them. My mom didn't exactly provide me with a decorating budget, but I always worked hard to make my world beautiful. I'm so impressed with your projects!

Are those knobs from Anthropologie? :) I have a very similar pink flower knob on one of my bookcases.